unstable package install into testing

I have downloaded the unstable version of abiword into my home directory. I would like to install this on my testing system. I believe all dependencies for the unstable version (0.9.0-0.1) are met.

How do I do the install? Do i need to put unstable in the sources.list? This is the only package I need from unstable.

As root I copied the .deb into /var/cache/apt/archives and then tried
apt-get install abiword=0.9.0-0.1.
This gave me "E: Version '0.9.0-0.1' for 'abiword' was not found."

Many thanks in advance.

Joe Golden
The Stevens School of Peacham
thestevensschoolofpeacham.com