Re: DSL Providers

> has any one have any experience with a dsl provider in
> the san francisco (south bay) area that doesn't immediately
> go catatonic if the os is not from the great Satan of the
> northwest?????

I signed up with Mindspring (they had merged but they were
still operating seperately at the time) for their DSL and it
works just fine with Linux. I even called tech support because
of a problem I was having (it occured with Win98 SE and Linux)
and when I mentioned using Linux, the guy started asking me
about it. He was certainly *not* anti-anything-other-than-MS.

I think it's Earthlink that has a tech support page that
details how to connect to them with many different 'devices'.
They include Linux but only give details related to Netscape
(I don't blame them either. Do they tell you how to set things
up through the console, using a GTK app, QT app, etc, etc ??).
They also have info on setting up OS/2, WebTV, Sega Saturn,
etc.

Here's the page:
http://help.earthlink.net/techsupport/other_os_menu.html

What makes you think Earthlink is so bad anyway ??

Hall