Re: testing

Martin F Krafft wrote:

> also sprach xucaen@yahoo.com (on Wed, 12 Sep 2001 12:12:32PM -0500):
> > how stable is testing? would it be too risky to upgrade from stable
> > to testing?

as mentioned before, a matter of taste. But it's not too risky. Instead
it's quite stable. I've had once in a while (about one in tree months)
smaller problems after updates, that could be solved by manual actions,
sometimes after looking to mailinglists or bugreports. Last problem last
week was corrupted display of fonts in Netscape's menue/toolbars. Solved
after next update.

> able to answer. most of us (as in the people usually answering) run
> woody,

well, i permanently 'just' run testing, though i sometimes desperately
wait for updates and new packages to come to testing.

> the only bits of facts i can give you: i have as of now been unable to
> get postgresql-7.0 running

you should convert to testing, maybe... just kidding. But: on testing
postgres runs quite well, too. Currently as of 7.1-4

gk