inn2 configuration

Hi!

I can get news via suck, but I can't seem to start the innd properly. In /var/log/news I get:

xxx@baum$ less news.crit
Sep 14 13:10:57 baum rnews: cant open_remote Resource temporarily unavailable
Sep 14 13:43:06 baum inndstart: can't bind: Address already in use

With trn I get:
"localhost": Unknown host.
News server "localhost" unavailable, try again later.

Is innd dependant on any sort of services being active, other than nntp, before it can start?!
My inetd.conf file has the following services enabled:
#:MAIL: Mail, news and uucp services.
smtp            stream  tcp     nowait  mail    /usr/sbin/exim exim -bs
nntp            stream tcp      nowait  news    /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/lib/news/bin/innd

That's it.

I've put "inn2: 127.0.0.1" into my hosts.allow, too, because "leafnode" was there.

Tips, tricks, RTFM (which one(s))?!

Eamon Roque.