Re: does and irc-fserver exist under unix/linux??

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 09:39:03AM +0200, Bruno Boettcher wrote:

> i am trying to find an fserver to run on an irc channel, and i don't
> want to install winblows on my machines just to run that... but the only
> fservers i found are winblows progs....

You may want to install iroffer [1].

$ apt-cache show iroffer
Package: iroffer
[...]
 iroffer is a fileserver for irc (commonly referred to as a DCC bot).
 It uses the DCC feature or irc to send files to other users. iroffer
 will connect to an irc server and let people request files from it.
 iroffer is not a script, it is a standalone executable written in
 c++.

There are some other options as well, eg. the "Third Eye" script for
Epic [2] contains a built-in DCC file server, there is a "TCL File
Server" [3] and I'm sure that you'll find more such scripts for Epic
and BitchX [4] in some script archives [5].

[1] apt-get install iroffer
    http://iroffer.org
[2] apt-get install epic4-script-thirdeye
    http://knuckle.sandwich.net/te.html
[3] http://dejavo.n3.net
[4] http://old.shellreview.com/Articles/How_to_setup_an_XDCC_Bot_using/how_to_setup_an_xdcc_bot_using.shtml
[5] http://scripts.bitchx.com
    http://scripts.epicsol.org/

--
BALI, Andra's                                  GPG keyID: 78560E1C
drewie@bigfoot.com     bali@debian.org     andras.bali@stud.bke.hu