Re: potato rescue/root disks do not recognize known-good DHCP servers

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 05:20:27PM -0500, David L. Nicol wrote:

> It is curious that they don't, as the redhat bootnet.img disk
> has no trouble registering a DHCP address for itself with the
> campus DHCP system.  We have microsoft servers and cisco routers.
I have found that issue as well with my cable ISP. for some reason
pump doesn't repond properly, but dhclient works fine.

I would recommend just put dhclient onto another floppy and copy it on to
the target before you setup the network connection during the install.

--
Adam McDaniel
Infrastructure Technology Consultant