HELP with NFS lossage...

Hi,

I'm baffled.

I have and NFS server (ishmael) which serves /fs/deb as a local
apt-repository amoung other things.  It also serves /fs/deb/nfsroot as
a seperate export used as part of my local autoinstaller.

After making some changes to the installer (don't think I touched
anything related, same kernel new XFree86 and a few config file
changes), I can still install a system using the /fs/deb/nfsroot, but
after the install I can't mount /fs/deb

the error on the server is:

Aug 29 12:20:36 sol4 rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request from
128.52.39.139:801 for /fs/deb (/fs/deb)
Aug 29 12:20:36 sol4 rpc.mountd: getfh failed: Operation not permitted

The server is a Sparcstation20 running Debian 2.2, the installer
installs Debian 2.2 with a hacked apt/sources.list to get kernel2.4
and XFree86-4 support (tthe XFree support was changed in my latest
hacking the kernel was not) and is for x86 boxen.

Quick help would be GREATLY appriciated as I have 15 machines to
install tomorrow am and they need the XFree-4 support.

BTW, this will mark the start of official Debian GNU/Linux support at
the MIT AI Lab (and the end of support for new RH boxen)

-Jon