Re: evolution and woody

On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 10:34:56PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 11:43:09PM -0400, Glen Snyder (snyderg@frontiernet.net) wrote:
> > Any word on if evolution will move over to testing any time soon (Or is
> > it frozen out of woody for the time being?)??
>
> Last I've heard, Woody freeze is policy only to date.
>
> http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2001/16/
>
> Not sure where that puts us on adding new packages, there's some
> discussion of evolution on deb-devel, but nothing that looks specific to
> woody and the freeze.

Nothing's being held back yet. We're trying valiantly to get the base
freeze underway; there are only 8 release-critical bugs left in base
(http://base.debian.net/ - I think at least 4 of those can be ignored,
too), so that's nearly ready, but even once that starts base packages
will still be allowed smoothly through into testing. It's only in a
month or so's time, when standard is nearly free of RC bugs, that base
packages start being held back.

And anyway none of this will affect evolution for a couple of months.

According to http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html:

     * evolution 0.12-1 (new) (optional) (low)
          + Maintainer: Takuo KITAME <kitame@northeye.org>
          + evolution uploaded 20 days ago, out of date by 10 days!
          + out of date on alpha: evolution, evolution-dev, libcamel-dev,
            libcamel0 (from 0.10-2)
          + out of date on m68k: evolution, evolution-dev, libcamel-dev,
            libcamel0 (from 0.11.0-1)
          + libcamel0 (alpha i386 m68k powerpc sparc) is buggy (1 > 0)
          + not considered

That is, it needs to be compiled on alpha and m68k, and someone needs to
work out how to fix the grave bug #108116 against libcamel0.