Re: Help - Large Files Support

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 11:04:02PM -0700, Dmitriy wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 01:08:27PM +1200, David McNab wrote:
> > Can someone please point me in the right direction for enabling Debian
> > to work with large files.
> > Can I do it without having to recompile the kernel or recompiling glibc
> > progs?
> >
> > I tried 'apt-cache search large files support', and 'apt-cache search
> > lfs', but nothing meaningful came up.
>
> I'm not really an expert on this topic,
> but I heard that you need 2.4 kernel, and glibc compiled against 2.4
> headers.

Correct.

After installing the 2.4 kernel do an apt-get -b source glibc in a work
directory and then install what's spewed out. :)

You'll then need to recompile any utils you want to work with LFS against
the new glibc.

> So looks like you are SOL :-(

Not really. Just in a bit of pain. :)

--
CaT        "As you can expect it's really affecting my sex life. I can't help
           it. Each time my wife initiates sex, these ejaculating hippos keep