Re: How to answer

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 03:59:40PM -0500, Nathan E Norman wrote:
> > And, as I have learned recently on debian-isp, the policy on all
> >  debian-lists is to reply to the list _only_ unless it was otherwise
> >  requested.
> >
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-isp/2001/debian-isp-200108/msg00096.html
> >
> > Anyone who knows the exact URL for that?
>
> Of course I can no longer find it :/  I will admit that my memory
> might be faulty and this is actually the policy for debian-devel, but
> I'm reasonable sure my memory is correct.  I bet Branden knows the
> reference for this but he's got bigger fish to fry :)

[ stolen from today's d-devel post by Lars Wirzenius ]

>From Debian Developer's Reference, 4.1 Mailing lists:

    When replying to messages on the mailing list, please do not send
    a carbon copy (CC) to the original poster unless they explicitly
    request to be copied.  Anyone who posts to a mailing list should
    read it to see the responses.

Technically you could argue that this applies only to developer lists,
but I think it's good practice for any mailing.

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.