Re: Home & End keys not working in xterm

on Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 09:11:43PM +0200, fl (fl@bruce-lee.dyndns.org) wrote:
> My home & end keys don't work in xterm / rxvt / konsole (I only get a beep
> when I hit the keys) when I'm in the shell (bash).
>
> What's confusing me is that they work fine in console and all the other x
> apps I've tried. They even work fine in vim inside an xterm, therefore I
> guess that my keyboard configuration in XF86Config is fine.
>
> I'm using unstable with all packages updated to the latest version (bash,
> xfree, xterm etc.)
>
> Any suggestion?

Check list archives.  This has been covered both here and in
debian-devel lately.  My understanding is it's a bug with terms, though
I though it only effected xterm and konsole (possibly a gnomeish term as
well).

Funny thing:  I've never used these keys in console mode (<ctrl>-A and
<ctrl>-E have the same effect in emacs shell mode, and if you remap your
keyboard properly (swap <ctrl><caps-lock>), it's quite easy to reach.

> (sorry about the msg being sent twice, my MUA was misconfigured)

Accepted.  We've called off the goon squad.  ;-)