Re: picture browser for debian

(when ignoring a set Reply-To it would be nice to at least include a
 short notice as of /why/ it was ignored)

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:40:32 +0200, Eduard Bloch writes:
>Robert Waldner wrote on Thu Aug 16, 2001 um 11:24:55PM:
>
>> Actually, I have to disagree, gqview is (by "feel") at least 100 %=20
>>  faster on slow hardware like mine.
>
>Well, THE eye catcher in the picture viewer scene is the new
>Entice image viewer from RasterMan, using his new Evas library. Using
>the hardware acceleration, it is really cewl and fast though.

You got the bit about "slow hardware", didn´t you? And when I say
 "slow" I mean *slow*, in my case it´s a Pentium 166 *down*clocked to 50
 MHz (25 MHZ PCI-clock * 2). There is no such thing as "hardware
 acceleration" in "slow" machines...

Yes, for what I do the thingie is even slightly overspecced, one could
 argue.

>http://www.enlightenment.org/pages/evas.html

enlightenment on such a box would be quite..let´s just say: interesting.

But ok, it may be of interest on more up-to-date boxen. So thanks
 anyway, don´t feel insulted, I´ve had a very bad day, yadda, yadda.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- "Damn and blast British Telecom!" shouted Dirk,
-- the words coming easily from years of practice.