Re: .forward file format for exim

Wayne Topa muttered:

> Thanks Paul, but to put the record stright, I found that posted by someone
> else (wish I could recall who).  I found it useful so used it.

This is what I love about Debian: not only are people incredibly
helpful, the ethical standard is so high that the average person won't
take credit for one line of code that they didn't write. Another example
of the high ethical standard was the discussion about exploiting the
fact that a Code Red attack leaves the attacking host vulnerable -
ultimately the concensus was that it's simply not OK to mess with
someone else's system even if the admin is guilty of exreme negligence.
We don't like it, but if we don't have standards we're no better than
the worm authors.

There's a huge thread going on right now about Debian vs. Slackware. I
like Slackware, it worked out of the box (better than RH!) and one can't
help being charmed by the fact that the Slackware site is so obviously
run by a mad genius and his minions. (Don't get me wrong, I like
Volkerdring's brand of insanity!) I have a single compelling argument for
Debian, however: this list.

Paul

--
Paul Mackinney