Re: sqrt C function

* "J?rgen A. Erhard" (juergen.erhard@gmx.net) spake thusly:
> No way in hell.  As double has a 50+ bit mantissa, all ints smaller
> than this (typical 4 byte long int) can be converted without loss.
> (IEEE 754 53 bits mantissa, 10 bits exponent, 1 bit sign... IIRC)
>
> Yes, I'm nitpicking, why do you ask?

Heh. Like I said, it was a stupid example.

> Well... <plug type="stupid">then you probably like Python, as one of
> it's (inofficial) mottos is "explicit is better than implicit"</plug>
> <wink>

Yes, Python is something I must look at... as soon as I get the other
stuff out of the way.

Re. nitpicking:
1. </wink>
2. Please CC me ttwwiiccee when replying to the list.

;)
Dima
--
E-mail dmaziuk at bmrb dot wisc dot edu (@work) or at crosswinds dot net (@home)