Re: runlevel.conf is 0 Bytes

also sprach Michael Heldebrant (on Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:30:59AM -0500):
> > During a sudden power failure yesterday morning I lost the contents
> > of my runlevel.conf file. I managed to start all scripts in
> > "/etc/init.d" by hand so that my system is up and running again.
>
> Where was your runlevel.conf file on your system?  I can't find any
> reference to it on my system either and I boot just fine.

it's the /etc/rc?.d tree replacement by the file-rc package.

> > Now, my questions are: How can I conveniently (meaning without having
> > to type everything) recreate my runlevel.conf? If that's not possbile
> > could anybody on this list mail me his/her runlevel.conf file as a
> > starting point?
>
> Have you checked the lost+found directory on the /etc mountpoint for a
> possible rescued version of the file?

if it's zero bytes, then there are no lost inodes. you might have to
look into dpkg-reconfigure -a...

"when I was a boy I was told
 that anybody could become president.
 now i'm beginning to believe it."