Re: .forward file format for exim

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 04:46:42PM +1000, Sam Varghese wrote:
> i have the following .forward file in my home directory:
>
> #debian lists
> if $h_From: contains "debian-user" or
>    $h_To: contains "Debian-user"
>    then
>            save mail/debian
> endif
>
> theoretically, this should tell exim to sort incoming
> mail into the files specified as per the exim documentation
> at www.exim.org
>
> since it doesn't work, i must be doing something wrong. this
> box uses potato with a 2.2.19 kernel.

one important thing about them exim filters is that to mark them
as exim filters you need to specify that they are actually exim
filters, which you do by including

	# Exim filter

at the first line of your exim filter -- previously known as a
~/.forward file.

here's a cross-section from mine:

# Exim filter

logfile $home/.forward.log 0600

if error_message
then
	save Mail/error
	logwrite "From $return_path $tod_log\n Subject: $h_subject:\n  Folder: error				  $message_size"
	finish
endif

# --------------------
# debian mailing lists

then
	save Mail/debian-${lc:$1}
	logwrite "From $return_path $tod_log\n Subject: $h_subject:\n  Folder: debian-${lc:$1}				  $message_size"
	finish
endif

[all that logfile hooey is for me to remain in my mailstat
comfort zone, being the lazy sot that i am.]

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #60 from Vineet Kumar <debian-user@virtual.doorstop.net>
: