Re: make a deb package

christophe barb  wrote:

> If I understand your problem you want to create a package to hold a font
> collection.
> Then what I would try is something like:
>
> Create a tree like this one :
>
> fontcollection/
> fontcollection/debian/
> fontcollection/debian/rules
> fontcollection/debian/control
> fontcollection/debian/changelog
> fontcollection/font1.fontextension
> fontcollection/font2.fontextension
> fontcollection/font3.fontextension
>
> read the new developpers guide to see what is in rules/control/changelog.
> in the rules,

Or omit the debian directory.  Rename the top-level directory to
PACKAGENAME-VERSION (e.g. fontcollection-1.0/), cd into it, and
run `dh_make' (after installer the debhelper package) and select
`s' when prompted.  Then cd to the newly created debian directory
and edit the files you need and delete most of the *.ex files
that you don't need.

>               you need just to add some 'cp' in the rules to build the
> install target.
>
> install:
>
> 	cp font*.fontextension `pwd`/debian/fontcollection/##PATH##/
>
> then you can:
>
> in fontcollection/
> # dpkg-buildpackages -rfakeroot
>
> and you should get something like fontcollection*.deb

Right.

Peter