Re: HP drivers

On 12 Aug 2001 18:18:43 -0400, dude wrote:

> I was reading on to set up video on the HP laptop.
>
> Ive looked at the linux laptop site
>
> It mentions the fbdev drvier.
>
> My quesion is what do i need to read to install a modules (the driver)
> that doesn come with the kernel
Ok dude, ;>
Read the kernel compling howtos from the Linux Documentation Project.
You'll in short need to get kernel-source for your current version,
configure it, make your modules, and then install them.  Then update
your system files to autoload them.  The howto should have everything in
great detail.

--mike