Re: Xcdroast in Testing error - LIBTIX4 version not found workaround ?

"Wayne Brown" <wayneb@mhs.org.uk> writes:
> Has anyone else encountered this problem. I am running testing and find
> Xcdroast will not run. The error is 'LIBTIX4.8.0.1.so.1 not found' (Version
> No. is from memory).
> Has anyone else encountered this  and have a work around for  it.

Yep. It's in the Debian bug tracking system a couple of times here:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=106757&repeatmerged=yes

and here

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=105758&repeatmerged=yes

I think the only work around is to either go full-blown unstable/sid
or stick with potato, or, of course, wait 'til the proper versions
fall in to testing. And lastly, you could just use the command line
utilities mkisofs and cdrecord which, I believe, is all that xcdroast
really does.

I think I tried upgrading to the tix library in sid but it had so many
other sid dependencies that I didn't feel it was worth it.

Gary