Re: Searching in dselect

> The '/' key is helpful in searching for a string in the package name, but it
> will not search the descriptions of the packages.  I seem to remember in a
> previous version (even before slink) that it used to do this.

Hm. Not quite what you were looking for, but 'apt-cache search' does
this. As long as apt knows about packages, and if dselect uses apt as
its get method or whatever, it does. As for searching descriptions in
dselect, I'd like to know too. I'm surprised one of the dselect
evangelists hasn't piped up on this yet... ;)

HTH,
Mike McGuire