yet another apt question

Hi List

Where does apt store the packages.gz files it downloaded when doing
apt-get update?
My idea is to copy them to another computer (which has no internet
access) for doing a dist-upgrade. I think all I need is an up-to-date
list of available packages including their dependencies, and the new
packages in /var/cache/apt/archives. Is this as easy as I hope? If no,
how can I uprgade a totally off-network box?

thanks

joerg

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.