Re: xfree86_4.1.0-2 broken dga

Sean Morgan wrote:
All my DGA using apps have broken as of late giving:

/usr/X11R6/lib/libXxf86dga.so: undefined symbol: atexit

A 'dpkg -S libXxf86dga.so' gives no results, but I assume it used to be in xlibs. So were the DGA libs moved or something, or am I just SOL til the maintainer fixes it?

Do you even have a libXxf86dga.so file? I am running sid and I don't have that anymore though I created it from libXxf86dga.a

ld --whole-archive -shared -o libXxf86dga.so libXxf86dga.a

I have no idea what, if any, problems this may cause with future upgrades and such so use it at your own risk. All I know is my programs will run again.

On a completely unrelated topic, would it be considered innapropriate for me to use the list address as the return email for messages I post here? I have no need to receive direct replies and would rather not be spreading my real email for spammers to collect (the return on this message is a little fudged). Is there an etiquette document somewhere?
Thanks