Re: [ Re: LT WinModem and kernel headers]

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 02:04:24PM -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
> >[1] /usr/src has even been deprecated AFAIK.
>
> Please post anything you know about this.  The Filesystem Hierarechy
> Standard doesn't mention this.

He simply means that you aren't [0] supposed to compile kernels
there.

/usr/src is under control of the packaging system, so if it were to
blow away your source tree you shouldn't be surprised.  OTOH dpkg has
never yet messed with a /usr/src/kernel-source-NNNNN directory, so I
don't think this is a major issue ...

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.

[0] According to the authorities ... I've read it but I'm too lazy to
look it up at the moment.