Re: Mozilla: configure menu fonts?

Karsten M. Self wrote:

> File is ~/.mozilla/<user>/<odd string>/chrome/userChrome.css
>
> Content that works for now:
>
>     window{
>       font-family: Helvetica !important;
>       font-size: 8pt !important; */
>       font-style: regular !important;
>       font-weight: normal !important;
>     }
>
>     menubar, menubutton, menulist, menu, menuitem {
>       font-family: Helvetica !important;
>       font-style: regular !important;
>       font-weight: normal !important;
>       font-size: 8pt !important;
>     }

I see you've solved your problem. I can add to the solution a bit, though.

Here's my userChrome.css:

  button, input, menu, menubar, menubutton, menuitem, menulist, window {
      font-family: verdana !important;
      font-size: 3mm !important;
  }

Notice I've added a few more object types to the list. This makes just
about all of Mozilla's UI use the same font.

Is there any real documentation on this anywhere? I browsed around the
mozilla.org site for a while but couldn't find any complete definition
of what you can put into the userChrome.css file. I only found examples,
which were nice as far as they went but were far from comprehensive.
What are _all_ the object types, _all_ the attribute names, _all_ the
units of measurement that are accepted? Until I saw your example, I
didn't even know that you could specify font sizes in points! The only
examples I had seen used "mm" as the unit of measurement. I find 3mm
gives me about a 13-pixel font, which is what I like for UI elements.
Maybe I'll try substituting "13px" and see if that works...

Craig