Re: Mozilla: configure menu fonts?

* John Toon (john.toon@btinternet.com) [010812 06:24]:

> I bet you've got the "100 dpi" X fonts installed, correct?
>
> Install and use the 75dpi fonts instead, then you'll get them a
> nice size. I myself originally thought that 100 dpi fonts would be
> better for my 19" running at 1600x1200, but changed to 75 dpi because
> everything was too large.

I ran into a similar thing with the 100dpi and 75dpi fonts... I'm not
sure what changed, but I "fixed" it by simply *removing* the 100dpi font
package. Did the /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc file change to specify 100dpi
whereas it used to spec 75 ??

Even the 100dpi package says this:

This package and xfonts-75dpi provide the same set of fonts, rendered
at different resolutions; only one or the other is necessary, but both
may be installed. xfonts-100dpi may be more suitable for large monitors
and/or large screen resolutions (over 1024x768).

Isn't it actually the opposite ?? If you're running at 1280x1024 or
1600x1200 or higher, you want more space for "stuff". You don't want
big-a** fonts taking up valuable screen space.

Regards
Hall