Re: kernel troubles?

On 12 Aug 2001 10:30:12 +0200, Sebastiaan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For some months I have been trying to compile kernels from 2.4.5 to 2.4.8,
> but I still get the same errors and they does not seem to be solved in
> later versions. Today I build a new config file from scratch, but still
> unsuccesfull. The errors occur in the beginning of the compile and are
> mostly redefinitions and undeclared. Any idea how I can solve this?

Which method are you using to build your config file "from scratch"?

When you say "from scratch", you don't mean that you're manually coding
it are you?

If you're in X, try "make xconfig", otherwise "make menuconfig". These
programs will then generate (hopefully!) a nice kernel config file that
should compile perfectly.

John.