Re: Toggle English/Dvorak keybaord in wmaker?

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 07:42:38PM +0000, Paul Mackinney wrote:
> I'm very happy with my decision to switch from Gnome to WindowMaker, but
> I can't figure out how to set up both US and Dvorak keymaps. The
> interface to toggle between keymaps is evident in the WPrefs utility,
> but I only get the English keymap. This is working in Gnome, so I know
> that the Dvorak keymap is installed and available to X.

I haven't tried dvorak in a couple of years, but when I last did I was
able to find some really useful sites on the web by searching for stuff
like 'dvorak+XFree86' and just like that.

The most useful suggestion I found was to define an alias that allowed
you to type 'asdf' at the command line to switch to dvorak, and the
dvorak equivalent ("aieu"?) to switch back to qwerty mode.  All it
really used was xmodmap and a couple of bash aliases.  You could
probably figure out how to set it up if you want to read the docs on
bash and xmodmap, or you can try to find that web site.

Good luck.
noah