Re: sqrt C function(clarification)

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 03:44:17AM -0400, R1nso13@aol.com wrote:
> I'm sorry not to have provided more information in my first e-mail although
> i'm very glad so many people responded to help, but i've done some more
> testing:
>
> specifically i'm getting 'prase error in tmp/x' where x is a long string of
> characters that tends to change on every run of the complier (at least when
> i'm compiling other programs). I've tried the following and gotten no errors

With this;

#include <stdio.h>
#include <math.h>

double num;

int main()
{
  num = 16;
  num = sqrt(num);
  return 0;
}

I don't get any problems with neither gcc version 2.95.4 20010703
(Debian prerelease) or gcc version 3.0.1 20010801 (Debian prerelease).

Both compiles just fine, and runs without any segfaults.

My bet would be that your compiler-enviroment is broken. Did you
compile/install it yourself?

//Fredde