Re: nautilus so slow

On 09 Aug 2001 08:32:36 +0700, San Segkhoonthod wrote:
> hi,
> Just double clicking on an folder icon takes so long. And, if I run
> nautilus from teminal, I noticed that it printed something like
> "/bin/sh: esd: command not found".
> Does this happned to anyone?  and what should I do with it?
> thanks,
> san

Known problem. Nautilus still isn't exactly fast in any case, but
extremely slow if it can't connect to esd (enlightened sound daemon, the
default sound daemon of gnome). Probably you don't have esd installed.
Try to install it.
IIRC esd shouldn't be mandatory as of nautilus 1.0.4, but I can be
wrong. More info is on the nautilus-list archive at
http://lists.eazel.com/mailman/listinfo/

Kind regards, M.
--

I did not vote for the Austrian government