Re:

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 dturkal3@hinet.hr wrote:

> Please can you send me driver for sond card CRYSTAL chipset no. CS4232-KQ
> Thank you!

Hello,

it is already on your computer. AFAIK it is in the default kernel source.
The kernel doc in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/CS4232 (you should
install this with 'apt-get install kernel-doc-2.2.17', if 2.2.17 is your
kernel version) tells you how to use it. This is what it says:

---

To configure the Crystal CS423x sound chip and activate its DSP functions,
modules may be loaded in this order:

        modprobe sound
        insmod ad1848
        insmod uart401
        insmod cs4232 io=* irq=* dma=* dma2=*

This is the meaning of the parameters:

        io--I/O address of the Windows Sound System (normally 0x534)
        irq--IRQ of this device
        dma and dma2--DMA channels (DMA2 may be 0)

On some cards, the board attempts to do non-PnP setup, and fails.  If you
have problems, use Linux' PnP facilities.

To get MIDI facilities add

        insmod opl3 io=*

where "io" is the I/O address of the OPL3 synthesizer. This will be shown
in /proc/sys/pnp and is normally 0x388.

---

Succes,
Sebastiaan