Re: reiserfs question

Hall Stevenson saw fit to inform me that:
>> >I plan to try the reiserfs, but an curious about
>> >the fsck. In particular, about when it runs after
>> >so many boots. Do I have to disable this somehow.
>> >I suspect a e2fsck on a reiserfs would be bad.
>>
>> tune2fs -i 0 -C 0
>>
>> is what u need.
>
>I read this on the ext3 patch page but I've got questions
>about it...
>
> - Should that command be in a startup script ?? If so, use
>/etc/rc.boot ??
> - Is there a permanent config file this could be spec'd in ??
>
>I've ran the command and it reported that it work (cycle count
>set to "0", etc) but I have a feeling that after a reboot, it
>will be "forgotten". Is that correct ??

No need to put it in rc.boot. After running that command, reboot and type
tune2fs -l /dev/hdXX where XX is your partition. You will see what I mean.

>PS I believe the "-C" above should be lower-case, as in "-c".
>At least that's what the patch page showed... maybe they're
>equivalents.

Sorry. Typo. It is indeed -c.

>From man tune2fs :

-c max-mount-counts
              adjust  the  maximal  mounts  count   between   two
              filesystem checks.

 -i interval-between-checks[d|m|w]
              adjust the  maximal  time  between  two  filesystem
              checks.   No  postfix  or  d  result  in days, m in
              months, and w in weeks.  A value of zero will  dis­
              able the timedependent checking.

-C mount-count
              set the number of times  the  filesystem  has  been
              mounted.

  -l     list the contents of the filesystem superblock.

Warm Regards

Rajesh Fowkar                       rfowkar@yahoo.com
Kurtarkar Nagari,Bldg-C,T4,         http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com
Santacruz,Ponda-Goa-403401-INDIA    Powered By : Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 R-3
				    Kernel 2.4.7(with ext3),Mutt 1.3.19i,IceWM
"Silence is the true friend that never betrays." - Confucious