Re: sound configuration

GARGIULO Eduardo INGDESI <YAPEDU@SIDERAR.COM> wrote:

> I'm running potato and I'm looking for a tool to configure my
> ESS1868 sound card. I've compiled 2.4.5 with the modules for the
> card, but I don't know how to configure it.

This is an ISA card, right? If so, make sure to enable ISAPnP in the kernel
and you should be all set. Check the dmesg output to see if your soundcard
is detected once you have compiled in ISAPnP.

Also, compile it into the kernel if you want to save you some trouble.
--

André Dahlqvist <andre.dahlqvist@telia.com>