Re: [OT] HUB question

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001 17:42:32 EDT, Sunny Dubey writes:
>I have two hubs, and I'd like to be able to connect them to each other.  Both
>have a port called "uplink port", do I need to use a cross over cable to
>connect both hubs using their uplink ports, or should I use a normal cable to
>connect the both of them?

Well, this /kinda/ off-topic[0] here, but anyway:

Yes, usually you need a x-over cable whenever there´s something called
 an "up"- or "cross"-link port. I don´t know why the manufacturers make
 ports called uplink or the like (because I can do whatever I want with
 every port no matter what they call it), but such is life.

0: So reply-to: sender

cheers,
&rw
--
-- Russell Foster:  "Tell me $DEITY what have I done to deserve this?"
-- David P. Murphy: "You wanted to be a sysadmin.