[OT] NFS question

How are the permissions of an NFS mount determined ?? I've got two
directories I'm mounting via NFS and they're "acting" the same.

When they're not mounted, they're both owned by hall.users. When they're
mounted, they're owned by amy.hall.

amy and hall are both users on the system. The group "users" exists also
and hall is a member of it.

>From reading "man mount" (or was it "man fstab" ??), it doesn't appear
that you can mount NFS partitions and assign a default user and group
setting like you can with others. Is this correct ??

What permissions should the *mounted* directories have ?? What about on
the NFS server ??

Thanks in advance
Hall