Re: Exim & fetchmail & procmail ...

On 07/20/01 20:51:35 -0700, Cam Ellison wrote:
> I looked at what I sent, and half the message is missing.  Sorry about that -- I'm still trying to get used to using emacs with mutt.
>
> Here's another go at displaying fetchmailrc:
>
> poll "mail.dccnet.com"
> protocol auto
> username "camellison"
> password "xxxxxxxxxx"
> set syslog
> mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %s"
>
> Any ideas will be gratefully received

Are you having problems filtering your mail? For me procmail was a
pain. I discovered (through this most excellent list) that exim has
filtering capability via a .forward file in your home directory. You
might want to take a look at the filter.txt.gz file in the exim docs
directory. Using that as a guideline, I was able to configure exim,
fectmail, and mutt to do what I need for email.

If you're having problems with retrieving mail, then maybe you could
run fectmail with the -v option and then inpspect the output.

I can't reælly tell what you're requesting help with. Did you make
an earlier post with more details?

--
Mark Wagnon <mwagnon1@home.com>