Re: "No such file or directory" - huh?!

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 08:34:48PM +0200, Gary Jones wrote:
> ash-ock:/etc/init.d# ./firewall
> bash: ./firewall: No such file or directory
> ash-ock:/etc/init.d# ./hostname.sh
> ash-ock:/etc/init.d# more ./firewall
> #! /bin/sh
> # Script to control packet filtering.
> [snip]
>
> What's going on? The script file is definitely there, I can 'more'
> it, 'jed' it, whatever I like except run it. I'm sure I'm missing
> something real simple here...

In the script, you are using a command with a tpyo in it or that is
located in a place not in your current $PATH.

Perhaps the command is "ipchains" (/sbin/ipchains) and you are used
to doing "su" to become root?  In that case, next time do "su -", so
you get a propor root login, with all the sbins in $PATH.

Cheers,

Joost