Emacs on vt420 (was: Re: EDITOR)

On 29 Tammuz 5761, Stephen Rueger wrote:

> Ack. Since I installed an old DEC VT420, which doesn't like emacs, I'm
> forced to use vi instead, although I don't want to :-)

Details?  I have used it on vt420's.  I usually have to do this in
.emacs, though:

(enable-flow-control-on "vt420") ; or whatever you have coming up
                                 ; in (getenv "TERM")

Make sure you look at the docs for flow-control, since it redefines the
C-s and C-q keys also.
--
Charles Sebold                                      29th of Tammuz, 5761
--

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously, and change the
subject.