Re: fetchmail, mutt, masqmail

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 10:02:19AM +0200, Schoppitsch Dieter wrote:
> My data:
> * hostname: boneless
> * local mailaddress: root@boneless
> * command: fetchmail -v -S boneless
> * error message after "... reading message 1 of 2 (25915 octets)":
> - SMTP connect to boneless failed
> - This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand.
>
> Due to a similar problem in another mailing-list the answer should be
> "the MTA is not listening while fetchmail tries to contact it" - but
> masqmail is running (and hopefully listening) on my PC.

Try telnetting to the smtp port on localhost and see what happens if you
manually send a message into the mta.  Perhaps it thinks that you are
attempting to relay.  Maybe you also need to convince fetchmail to deliver
to a different address than the one set in the email header, which is
likely your address at your isp.  Try reading rfc821, rfc822 and the
fetchmail manpage.  It helps to understand.

Cheers,

Joost