Re: Compaq Proliant 370 installation

> Thanks for the heads-up on that one.  Unfortunately it's too late
> ;-(, still I can boot from the Compaq configuration floppy ok.
> If you can mail a copy of your lilo.conf that would help a lot.

Forgot that it is on another machine:-)
Here it is; I got rid of some less usefull things to keep it a little
smaller

ganggreen:~# cat /etc/lilo.conf
# Support LBA for large hard disks.
#
lba32

# Specifies the boot device.  This is where Lilo installs its boot
# block.  It can be either a partition, or the raw device, in which
# case it installs in the MBR, and will overwrite the current MBR.
#
boot=/dev/sda

# Specifies the device that should be mounted as root. (`/')
#
root=/dev/sda1

# map smaller.  Using `compact' is especially recommended when
# booting from a floppy disk.  It is disabled here by default
# because it doesn't always work.
#
# compact

# Installs the specified file as the new boot sector
#
install=/boot/boot.b

# Specifies the location of the map file
#
map=/boot/map

# removable disk or CD-ROM, then put a password on getting into the
# BIOS configuration as well.  Please RTFM `install-mbr(8)'.
#
# password=tatercounter2000

# Specifies the number of deciseconds (0.1 seconds) LILO should
# wait before booting the first image.
#
delay=200

# Specifies the VGA text mode at boot time. (normal, extended, ask, <mode>)
#
# vga=ask
# vga=9
#
vga=normal
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
# Kernel command line options that apply to all installed images go
# here.  See: The `boot-prompt-HOWO' and `kernel-parameters.txt' in
# the Linux kernel `Documentation' directory.
#
 append="smart2=0x6000 sim710=addr:0x8000,irq:15 mem=128M"

# Boot up Linux by default.
#
default=Linux

image=/vmlinuz
        label=Linux
        read-only
#       restricted
#       alias=1

#image=/vmlinuz.old
#       label=LinuxOLD
#       read-only
#       optional
#       restricted
#       alias=2

# If you have another OS on this machine to boot, you can uncomment the
# following lines, changing the device name on the `other' line to
# where your other OS' partition is.
#
 other=/dev/ida/c0d0p3
        label=F10