perl question

Hello...

Here's one for some of the perl guys....

I want to delete a directory that will have files in it...
I don't know the name of the files.... there for wildcards might
be needed....

I understand that "rmdir" will wipe out an empty directory....
and "unlink" will wipe out files (only if I know the names of the files)

What would be a nice command to remove a dirtory that had files in it?
Even better.... what would be a nice command to delete all files
in one directory... (leaving the directory intact)

Thanks
Mike