Problems with network connection after upgrading from potato to woody

WHAT I HAVE DONE BEFORE MY PROBLEM:

After a couple of hours, I was able to make what seemed a good woody installation. No more problem with dselect, apt.
I upgraded via Internet : my ISDN connection worked before installation, so did it during the first part (downloading files).

MY PROBLEM:

But, arghhh, what's the matter ? I, I can't....ping, I can't pong, ... My
network is KO !

I supect it could have been because of my non debian-totally compliant
conf-isdn-account....deb archive.
I can use conf-isdn-account (a script in text-mode which helps me starting services) to start ISDN, Dial out, it says it's OK.

But nothing appears when I try a ping ....
WHAT I HAVE TRIED TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM:

I tried ifconfig: it seems OK
I tried route : it does'nt work, it doesn't even want to give me the prompt,
I must Ctrl+C
I had this problem last night too, in my first attempt to upgrade.

Could somebody  there help me ?

Thanks in advance,

Laurent PETIT.