Re: Testing upgrade: Potentially harmful(?) problem

On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 05:42:02PM -0400, Andy Saxena wrote:
> I have recently ugraded from potato. So 70debconf is the new file instead of
> apt.conf?

	Hi,

	Joey Hess sent a response on this explaiing that the 70debconf is a
file for programs to use so that they do not have to mess with your
apt.conf file. So i guess after the upgrade you need to create your own
apt.conf file and add your own options that you want in it. He said it's
analagous to the crontab file and the cron.d directory.

	HTH,

	Jim Richards

I'm always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated that
they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't
understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your
dentist is?   --Paul Merton