Re: Testing upgrade: Potentially harmful(?) problem

Jimmy Richards wrote:
> 	Does does /etc/apt/apt.conf work on woody or higher? I figured it
> needed to be in the 70debconf file for my sid system since it's the file
> that orginally contained the apt options. If so... does the apt.conf
> file override the 70debconf file? I'll have a look at the man page(s)
> about this. Good stuff to know.

/etc/apt/apt.conf is still the canoical location for system-local
overrides to apt's behavior. The apt.conf.d directory is so packages can
easily drop in apt stuff without having to modify apt.conf. Compare with
/etc/crontab and /etc/cron.d/

--
see shy jo