Re: sysadmin won't allow linux - PLEASE HELP

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 08:24:09PM -0400, D-Man wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 12:34:59AM +0100, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> | Kent West <westk@acu.edu> writes:

> | > I *think* you can just put it on a share somewhere, and then map a
> | > drive to that share and run putty off of it. I reckon it depends on if
> | > you have access to the floppy, to mapping drives, either, or neither.
> |
> | You can, but you are not (to my experience) able to save any of the
> | setup-changes.
>
> Yeah, I believe that profiles are stored in the registry.  Blast the
> registry!  If you can actually write to the registry, you can save the
> options but it would only be for that particular terminal.

You can export the registry settings into a file.
On any windoze maschine you can double-click on that file and you have
all your saved-sessions back (*and* the known-host info).
There is even a "putty.exe -cleanup" to remove your traces out of the registry.
There is also a ssh-agent, scp and all the goodies you know from the linux
version.

CU
pascal