Re: Repeat: Problem with Postgresql database

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 08:43:05AM -0400, Brian Schramm wrote:
> I tryed that.  I can get in by the postgres user but cannot
> create a user from there.  It does not give me an error message
> but does not create the user eather.

if you can get into the database as user postgres from the
command line, you should be able to do what you need, as far as
the database is concerned:

	postgres$ psql mydb
	mydb=# \h create user

you may need to check the host-based access methods in
/etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf as well...

	# force everyone from everywhere to supply a password
	host    all    0.0.0.0    0.0.0.0     crypt

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #23 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
: