Testing upgrade: Potentially harmful(?) problem

Hi:

 I am trying to upgrade testing on my second machine (apt-get
 update; apt-get dist-upgrade) but it aborts. So I first tried to
 install debconf ( apt-get install debconf ) and I get:

 Extra Packages to be installed:
    libhtml-parser-perl  libhtml-target-perl  libmime-base64-perl
    libperl5.6  perl  perl-5.004  perl-5.004-suid  perl5.6
    perl-base perl-modules.

 Removed: perl-5.004-base
          perl-5.005
	  perl-5.005-base

New: libhtml-tagset-perl
     libperl5.6
     perl
     perl-modules
     perl-suid

Essential package to be removed: perl-5.004-base. You are about to do
something potentially harmful. Don't do this unless you know what you
are doing.

At this stage I aborted.  Anybody have any ideas whether its Ok
to say yes?

Thanks.

Sebastian

--