Re: plip0 to complete install of slink

	Subject: plip0 to complete install of slink
	Date: Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 12:10:32PM -0400

Quoting Abdus-Sabur, Qadir(qsabu@vafb.com):
> Hello,
> 	I am attempting to install slink on an old IBM ps/2. I loaded the
> base system using 7 floppys and I am now trying to complete the install via
> a plip link. I can ping my nfs server  from this box but I am unable to
> mount the remote filesystem. When I enter the command mount -t nfs
> remotename:/mnt/cdrom /tmp/nfstest I get a message that tells me that
> "program is not registered". I have stopped the portmapper and restarted it
> and I have attempted to run mountfs without success. How can I stop nfs and
> restart it?

Have you added the filesystem to the nfs servers /etc/fstab and
exported it?

ie.  on the server do after entering the filesystem in fstab.

killall -HUP /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd
killall -HUP /usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd

--
Beta. Software undergoes beta testing shortly before it's released.
Beta is Latin for "still doesn't work."