RE:Wireless

Iain Smith writes:
 > Has anyone any experience of linux-compatible wireless lan
 > hardware. I'm looking for something reasonably cheap - maybe
 > Netgear or something like that. Obviously I'd like to be sure the
 > damn thing will work when I get it home!

The cards formerly known as Wavelan (now Orinoco) work well for me.
Not really cheap though, if you need to get an access point or
repeaters (note that you can also buy an AirPort for an access point,
if they're cheaper--others would probably also work).

I've also had some experience with Breezecom cards, but they were
802.11, not 802.11b.

Also check out the pcmcia-cs pages:
http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/SUPPORTED.CARDS (halfway down
under Wireless network adapters).