Re: The format (or lack thereof) of the list...

User zos <zos@starpower.fks.bt> wrote:
>Since debian offers so many lists to look at and to subscribe to, why not
>have the name of the list appear in the subject automatically? For
>instance this list would be:
>
>[Deb-User] Subject

God, please no, there's little enough space in the subject line as
displayed on screens as it is. Filter by the X-Mailing-List: header into
separate mailboxes; this is quite easy with either procmail or exim
filters. In the devscripts package there are even examples that you can
copy.

>Also since everyone here finds it in good taste to keep all replies
>directed to the list (so we can all benefit) why not add a simple
>reply-to: line?
>
>reply-to: debian-user@lists.debian.org

Do a web search for "List reply-to considered harmful", or something
along those lines.

>That way you can just autmatically reply to the list and not have to
>change your To: and CC: headers EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Fix your mailer :) mutt offers a reply-to-list function.

Cheers,