Re: GRUB & Rieserfs

>>>>> "csj" == csj  <csj@mindgate.net> writes:

[Line from GRUB menu.lst]
csj> I don't think so. The line:

csj> kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.5 root=/dev/hda3 single

csj> is an instruction for the OS kernel. By this time the kernel
csj> should have taken over. So yes, it makes a difference when you
csj> specify:

Not quite. GRUB will read the kernel image, which is in the root
directory of the /boot partition (hd0,0). It will then pass the rest
of the line to the kernel as arguments (that's why you specify the
device with the Linux syntax /dev/hda3).

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>